Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Life is full of surprises



July 4, 2011 is a day I don't think my husband and I will EVER forget. We had a plan..It was called the " Five year plan" that got cut down to the " Three year plan" after my niece was born :). Our life forever changed on that day. It was the day we found out that we were going to welcome a little baby into this world. I hope that I will never forget the emotions I felt on that day. I woke up that day feeling a little "off". Something just didn't feel right. Foods that were once my favorite... suddenly became my enemy. I remember going to our family cook out that day and thinking " if I look at a hot dog.. I will throw up" I think for the first time in my life I was the first one done with their food. I'm sure the few chips and the half eaten burger patty had something to do with it. After I got home...I got sick..I mean reallly sick. I called my husband and told him what happened and the first words out of his mouth were " I'm stopping to get a pregnancy test..I bet your pregnant". Me? pregnant?? um...NO! I'm on birth control honey! But he did it anyway. He got home around 11pm. I took the box from him, ran up stairs, took the test and set it on the counter. I finished washing my hands, grabbed the test , quickly glanced at it and was ready toss it in the trash when a big fat PREGNANT popped up! I just looked at it and looked at it and thought maybe it was broken. I mean..that happens right?? My husband was taking our dog outside and I knew he was getting ready to walk inside. I always envisioned telling him in a really cute and memorable way, instead I ran down the stairs with the test in hand and said " we're going to have a baby" and then burst into tears. I will never forget his face..it was a look such excitement. I knew he was always wanted to be a father and now he is!!We did'nt get much sleep that night. Instead we laid in bed praying, and crying and thanking our Lord for this little surprise miracle that he gave to us. It's a day I will forever treasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment