Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Leaving a Legacy

This past week I attended the funeral of one of my best friend's grandmother. As I was sitting there listening to all that was being said about this sweet lady, I thought to myself - What will people say about me at my funeral? What kind of impact have I left in this world? What will people remember me as? This grandmother was known as the godliest woman in her family...WOW! What a title to have!!
As I think about the legacy I aspire to leave, I am quickly reminded of 2 Timothy 4:7 “I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.” I want the legacy that I leave to label me as faithful...a faithful servant of my Jesus. I long for the day where I hear Jesus say, “Well done, good and faithful servant.”

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I am not sure how I came across your blog! My name is Stefanie and I am 50% Ukrainian(Father). I have adopted 5 boys from Ukraine. Welcome to the blogging world and here's to 2011!

    ReplyDelete